[sword-devel] BibleCS status?

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 21 04:04:51 MST 2014

Could Troy please advise or direct whether BibleCS should be reclassified to
"Front-ends no longer being actively developed".

There has not been any de facto movement since the 19 May 2008 release
v1.5.11

See http://www.crosswire.org/sword/software/biblecs/

I believe that many visitors to our main website are likely to leave without
staying to browse deeper,
simply because they see a static page that has not changed for almost six
years.

cf. Our wiki main page links to http://crosswire.org/wiki/Frontends:BibleCS
which was last edited on 2009-10-20 (apart from my recent edit, kindly
reverted by Chris).
This also gives the same impression of zero progress or activity.

PR is important.  It's Burn's night in four days time.
A useful occasion to be reminded of the lines in his poem (To A Louse),

"O wad some Power the giftie gie us
To see oursels as ithers see us! "

Thanks.

David