[sword-devel] Building SWORD on ubuntu 12.04

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Wed Feb 26 18:13:05 MST 2014

Daniel,

If you are looking at the code I sent you, you will need the latest SVN
to compile against it.

I have have a fresh Ubuntu (13.10, but the packages seem to be named the
same for quite some time) and here is what I have just done to get a
full featured SWORD configuration reported at the end of output from
./usrinst.sh

sudo apt-get install autoconf autogen automake subversion g++ libtool
zlib1g-dev libicu-dev libclucene-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev

So, then:

svn co https://crosswire.org/svn/sword/trunk sword
cd sword
./autogen.sh
./usrinst.sh
make -j
sudo make install
sudo make install_config
sudo installmgr -init -sc -r CrossWire -ri CrossWire KJV
cd examples/cmdline
make
./lookup KJV jn.3.13