[sword-devel] OSIS sources? [Was: Re: Project “Free Scriptures” started]

Matěj Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Mon Feb 24 13:57:18 MST 2014

On Mon, 2014-02-24 at 20:16 +0000, Peter von Kaehne wrote:
> I think the basic decision to not publish OSIS for texts we do not
> maintain is sound. I have disagreed with it in the past, but once I
> realised the Chinese whisper like deterioration of texts by project
> copying from project copying from project my views changed.

I think you confuse two things (freely modifiable texts and assurance of
the code consistency … for the latter we have versioning control
systems, code review, canonical repositories, etc.; programmers don't
like random changes in their source code any more than the Biblical
scholars do), but that's not the point. Exactly for this purpose I said
"source code repository OR available maintainers".

> The plan is there, the idea is approved, the git stuff is up, what is
> missing are the scripts and the overall glue.

Can I help somehow?

Best,

Matěj

http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/, Jabber: mcepl at ceplovi.cz

The difference between death and taxes is death doesn't get worse
every time Congress meets
    -- Will Rogers