[sword-devel] osis2mod

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Thu Feb 20 07:32:53 MST 2014

On 20/02/14 12:45, pns-nwt at seznam.cz wrote:
> Hi, I tried it, but without success.
> Verse looks like this (in Xiphos)
> (Genesis 2:9) And God made to spring up also out of the earth every
> tree beautiful 2.9: Gr. for sight. to the eye and good for food, and
> the tree of life in the midst of the garden, and the tree of learning
> 2.9: Or, that which is to be known. Comp. Rom. 1. 19. the knowledge of
> good and evil.
> May be the problem osis2mod version?

I am running a later version of the tools, but I don't think that is
likely to be the problem.  Even so, I would check for a later version if
you can.  Are you certain the OSIS definitions in your .conf file (in
mods.d) are correct?  Here is the relevant section from my brenton.conf
If you have built the module as a rawtxt one (unconpressed) you might
take a look at the module file called ot. It is plaintext and a properly
formed footnote should look like:

And God made to spring up also out of the earth every tree beautiful
<note n="16">2.9: Gr. for sight.</note> to the eye

If this is what you have in the ot file, then the problem is in the
markup in your .conf file - see fragment from mine below, but only alter
the OSIS labels as in the following: SourceType=OSIS OSISVersion=2.1.1
GlobalOptionFilter=OSISFootnotes

[brenton]
DataPath=./modules/texts/ztext/brenton/
Encoding=UTF-8