[sword-devel] OSIS Variants - do we need a delimiter?

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 18 08:06:34 MST 2014

When using a front-end to select All Readings, rather than either Primary
Reading or Secondary Reading, do you think we should have a delimiter
character between the two variant readings?

If we borrow a tip from Backus–Naur Form, then perhaps the vertical bar
character would be appropriate?

If SWORD ever gets to the stage where more than two variants are supported,
having a proper delimiter could be even more pressing.

As it is, those modules which already have GlobalOptionFilter=OSISVariants
do have a couple of annoying minor but systematic bugs.

1. With All Readings selected, there is no space between the two variants.
This could be fixed in most places by having a single trailing space
inserted within both seg elements. Variants just before a punctuation mark
may require special consideration.

2. For all three view options, there is often no space before the next word
in the text. Could this be symptom of a minor bug in the module build
process?

Best regards,

David

PS. Ditto for ThMLVariants.