[sword-devel] KJV updated

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Sun Feb 16 06:44:42 MST 2014

I've checked BibleTime mini, PocketSword, AndBible and BibleDesktop. The download works.

In BibleTime mini, AndBible and PocketSword, the prebuilt index is not available. Not surprising. Both BibleTime mini and AndBible built the Lucene indexes quickly. PockeSword does not have that option and doesn't allow search unless there is an index available for download. Module looked like I expected.

Built the index for BibleTIme mini. It was fairly quick. Did a search for: aaron moses egypt. Expected 18 hits got 9. It was missing Exodus 6:13,26; 7:19; 8:5,16; 12:1; 16:6; and 1 Samuel 12:6, 8
I don't know if this is a module problem, a app problem or a SWORD lib problem.

In PocketSword, it displays all the values in the lemma field, which is pretty cool to see the Greek associated with the Strong's Numbers. However it thinks the Greek is a Strong's Number. These lemmas are not prefixed with strong: (which indicates that it should do lookups in a Strong's dictionary), but rather with lemma.TR: Indicating that they come from the TR module, which is a Bible. It might be good for these to not be clickable or for them to bring up the corresponding Strong's Number entry.

For AndBible, I encountered an error downloading. It thought the module was installed, wouldn't allow it to be downloaded again and nothing worked for the module. Couldn't figure out how to delete the module and reinstall it. So I wacked the program, re-installed it, downloaded the KJV and indexed it. Module looked like I expected.

In Him,
	DM