[sword-devel] Av11n modules - was Deuterocanonical books / Apocrypha

Kahunapule Michael Johnson Kahunapule at eBible.org
Tue Feb 4 19:27:50 MST 2014

On 02/03/2014 12:19 PM, DM Smith wrote:
> As to numbering, I just know how the v11n work in SWORD and JSword. They assume that chapters start at 1 and verses start at one.

Somebody is going to have to do some number translation, then. My printed copy of the KJV Apocrypha has "The Rest of the Chapters of the Book of Esther" starting at chapter 10, verse 4. This actually makes sense, since up to that point, the Greek and Hebrew versions of Esther are essentially the same. Ecclesiasticus starts with a prologue (chapter 0?) before Chapter 1 that is part of the actual text.