[sword-devel] Av11n modules - was Deuterocanonical books / Apocrypha

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Sun Feb 2 04:20:12 MST 2014

On 01/02/14 00:58, Kahunapule Michael Johnson wrote:
> I agree that it is useful to allow users to read the
> deuterocanonical/apocryphal books if they like, regardless of your
> theological or church traditional bias regarding their status. They
> add historical insight that help us understand the 66 books of the
> Bible that all true Christians agree on, among other things. I see no
> harm in preserving or presenting them, even though I grew up in a
> church that did not use them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but currently the only modern English Language
version I can see that contains the deutero-canon is the CPDV version.
I'm not at all sure about this version, partly because it is a bit
ponderous to read, and also because it is the work of only one person
rather than a group of translators.  Michael mentions the WEB version as
having the extra books - the Sword module I can find contains only the
66 book canon.  Is there anything else out there please?

God bless,        Barry.