[sword-devel] A call for Python programmers ...

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 31 07:03:30 MST 2014

CHM is a Windows Help Format.
See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Compiled_HTML_Help

FWIW, CHM files can be also read on some other systems, given a suitable
app.
e.g. On iOS devices with the app called CHM+ which I have installed in my
iPad Mini.

As regards, OSIS Validation Error reporting, a lot depends on which XML tool
one is using.
But I agree, it's often hard to locate exactly the place that causes each
issue.

The example Barry gave with that extraordinary long regex pattern is
certainly not very readable.

Currently, I'm using the XML Tools plugin for Notepad++ to validate OSIS
files.
It generates messages, but only reports the types of error, not their
locations.
They are also quite verbose, in that they repeat the schema location URL
every time they refer to an XML element.

Best regards,

David