[sword-devel] A call for Python programmers ...

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Mon Dec 29 16:02:28 MST 2014

On 12/28/2014 12:06 PM, David Haslam wrote:
> With Chris being otherwise engaged, there's a crying need for an accomplished
> Python programmer
> to pick up where he last left off on developing and debugging the OSIS
> converter usfm2osis.py
>
> There are several issues in the CrossWire tracker, should anyone be
> interested and motivated enough to volunteer.
>
> http://www.crosswire.org/tracker/browse/MODTOOLS/
>
> Best regards,
>
> David

I'm still happy to develop & maintain usfm2osis.py, but moved
development to GitHub in April:
https://github.com/chrislit/usfm2osis

My main focus at the moment is code-cleanup and developing a test suite,
but I might be able to fix some small bugs too.

Collaboration would be welcomed, e.g. issue filing & pull requests. I've
mirrored or linked the current issues in CrossWire's bug tracker already.

Note that I changed the license to GPL3+, so it is not
license-compatible with the version of my script in CrossWire's SVN
(which is GPL2).

Best,
Chris