[sword-devel] Alternate Versifications

Martin Denham mjdenham at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 05:05:53 MST 2014

The biggest problem constantly reported to me is the offset Psalms in
French Bibles.

One e-mail from yesterday:

There some mistakes in the numbering of french version for ex the psam 135
is supposed to be psalm 136.you could check the psalms for mistake like
that. Check the FreSegond version for this kind of error.

Some French users are losing patience.  After explaining the use of an
alternate versification to a different user I received the following
response this morning:

Votre réponse et le lien sur lequel vous nous renvoyez ne nous donne aucune
solution,messieurs les développeurs, corrigez juste les chapitre et versets
contenant des erreurs, c'est là le bon choix et faites un effort, merci

If the only change was to use the standard chapter numbers for Psalms in
French Bibles this would make many French users happy.

There is a relevant prior discussion on this list entitled 'Best
versification for FreSegond and FreCrampon'.

Cheers
Martin
Thanks
Martin