[sword-devel] Should there be a suitable delimiter before verses appended by osis2mod?

Peter Von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Sun Dec 28 14:14:43 MST 2014

> Von: "Greg Hellings" <greg.hellings at gmail.com>
>
> If the <verse osisID="..."> were simply preserved in the module when a
> verse was appended to another verse, this would permit a front end to
> parse this in a Filter to display a verse marker however it wished.

I would go a slightly different route - the point is these verses are not usual. They are not addressable in the versification. They should be obvious.

So I propose that we use some markup like <milestone type="x-versenumber" marker="34"/> for verse 34. This could then be rendered or not, acc preferences of frontend. It could be absolutely switched off when the frontend switches off all verse numbers and it could be switched on/off independently when versenumbers are on, if this sounds desirable. It could get a rendereing similar, but not the same as ordinary versenumbers to indicate the lack of addressability. - e.g. if small high numbers are the way your frontend displays this then these could be displayed by small high coloured numbers.

Peter