[sword-devel] Xiphos 4.0.0

Brian J Dumont brian.j.dumont at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 11:12:53 MST 2014

Hi Br. Cyrille,

I'm a bit confused because it happily installs for me on both Ubuntu
14.04 and Mint 17.  Are you using a different variant perchance?
Possibly Debian?

Thanks much, your feedback will help me chase the problem; I don't want
to break it one place to fix it in another.

Blessings,
Brian

On 12/28/2014 09:02 AM, Cyrille Lafricain wrote:

> Thé deb of xiphos with 14.04 refuse too install because of bad
> dépendancies. I modified the control file changing xml2:i386 tout
> xml2. The same with the amd64.
> Br Cyrille
>
> Le 27 déc. 2014 14:55, "Brian J Dumont" <brian.j.dumont at gmail.com
> <mailto:brian.j.dumont at gmail.com>> a écrit :
>
>     Hi All,
>
>     I've built Ubuntu packages for the new versions of
>     SWORD/Biblesync/Xiphos as well as the current Bibletime.  They may
>     be found at the regular place:
>
>     https://sites.google.com/site/xiphosforubuntu/files
>
>     I've built 32 and 64 bit versions for 14.04LTS, and I've built 64
>     bit versions only for 14.10, thinking that most cutting-edge
>     distro folks aren't running old hardware.  Mint 17 and 17.1 should
>     both use the 14.04 versions.
>
>     I'll be working with Karl to get these on the Xiphos SF page, and
>     I've been trying to track down the right folks to get the correct
>     SWORD programs into future versions of the Debian/Ubuntu/variants
>     right out-of-the-box.
>
>     Blessings,
>     Brian
>
>     On 12/26/2014 04:50 AM, Fr Cyrille wrote:
>
>         Hello !
>         for user's of Ubuntu/Debian, this is the command for all
>         dependencies before compiling:
>         sudo apt-get install gcc intltool libgtkhtml3.14-dev
>         libxml2-dev libgsf-1-dev libgconfmm-2.6-dev libuuid1
>         gnome-doc-utils rarian-compat libgtkhtml-4.0-dev
>         libgtkhtml-editor-4.0-dev webkitgtk-3.0-dev uuid uuid-dev
>         Waiting a .deb...
>         After that with sword 1.7 every things is al right!
>         Thanks you again for this very nice gift for Christmas.
>
>         Le 25/12/2014 21:27, David Haslam a écrit :
>
>             Well done, Karl and team. Thanks for all the hard work.
>
>             I found a brief opportunity during Christmas Day during
>             which to install it
>             in my Windows 7 PC.
>
>             Success!
>
>             David
>

>             --
>

>     --

"Relax: It’s Under Control ... We don’t need to be concerned any more
about being on a slippery slope.  We are already at the bottom."
  - Clyde N. Wilson