[sword-devel] CipherKey preservation on update

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Wed Dec 17 09:38:10 MST 2014

One of the things that we’ve tossed about for a while is keeping the conf of the module pristine and storing the cipher key in another file. That other file would hold all the frontend edits for the confs. It would have the form:
[NASB]
CipherKey=asdf
[KJV]
Font=yadayadayada
…

I was going to roll my own in JSword, but Troy said that this mechanism already exists in SWORD. It would be nice to standardize the location and naming of such.

— DM