[sword-devel] CipherKey preservation on update

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Wed Dec 17 07:45:25 MST 2014

A suggestion for all apps: When updating a locked module, keep/re-use
the old CipherKey.

This was a suggestion from Greg during rapid updates in his NASB testing
cycle.  Having to re-paste or re-type the key is a pain and should be
unnecessary.  If the user has had the module a long time, he may no
longer have the key otherwise.  Generally speaking, I think we can
expect that a module's updates will continue to have the same key.

I did this for Xiphos, and then forwarded the thought to Nic who has
already added it to PS as well.  It seems to me that this is a good
universal behavior for Sword apps.