[sword-devel] regex search for "."

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Sun Dec 14 18:00:30 MST 2014

As a favor to users of Personal commentary, for eons Xiphos has provided
a "dump personal commentary" capability, which has been implemented
under the hood as a regex search for "." in order to find exactly those
verses in which something, anything, has been written down.  The idea is
that the user of Personal is not liable to have thousands of verses with
commentary, and he might want a list of everything.  I have a test
Personal commentary with 4 verses marked.  It drops the result in the
sidebar verse list.

Regex search for "." doesn't work any more.  When I do a "dump personal
commentary," I am rewarded(?) with a list of every verse in the Bible.
Not exactly helpful.  Yet mod2imp proves that there is nothing there
except for those 4 verses.

Can someone tell me why this doesn't work any more, or is there some
other way to execute a search that's guaranteed to give a result iff
there exists content in a verse?