[sword-devel] OSIS Glosses?

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 11 14:24:46 MST 2014

I just tried an experiment using diatheke on a module that I'm currently
developing.

Here is a verse as compiled into the module using imp2vs

$$$Numbers 13:1
<w gloss="(13:2)">​</w> Et l’Éternel parla à Moïse, en disant:

NB. The w element is wrapped around a zero width space, just for the sake of
the experiment.

This diatheke command was used on the module:

diatheke -b FreMartin1707 -o g -k Num 13:1 >gloss.test.log

Examination of the log file has this:

Numbers 13:1: ​ <2)> Et l’Éternel parla à Moïse, en disant:

So we see that diatheke wraps a gloss between < and >

Yet clearly there's a serious bug in how the gloss text is processed.

Instead of "(13:2)" all I got was the portion AFTER the colon, "2)".

Can anyone shed light on why only part of the gloss text was output by
diatheke?

It would seem that the colon character may have caused the gloss to be
misparsed!

David

PS. The zero width space was present in the output, so that part of the
experiment was OK.