[sword-devel] Xiphos av11n support

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Mon Dec 8 05:41:55 MST 2014

On 12/08/2014 06:57 AM, Matěj Cepl wrote:
> xiphos.spec file is broken on RHEL-7 in many ways
That's ... interesting, because my .spec is copied with a few mods to
identify it as being for personal use from the one Greg uses for regular
Fedora builds.  It is used only for my personal builds that go into
Testing, that is, from .spec %description:

>> This build produced by Xiphos development; not from official Fedora repo.
> I have rather build it in COPR
Never heard of that before.  I looked, where it says

>> Description not filled in by author

which is simply wrong, the description is (largely) as it has been for
years, though I'm pushing to drop the "formerly known as GnomeSword" tag
because it's been 6 years after all.

>> Instructions not filled in by author.

I don't even know what that means.

I don't understand why you're pushing this into publicly visible repos
at this point, because I said pretty clearly that problems remain to be
shaken out, and in fact I generated what's at the SF files' Testing link
3 times yesterday (now 3.9.3; the version rev rate will be high as
shake-out continues) as bugs were chased down.  Once the shake-out is
complete, the real release of 4.0 will be let loose.  Until then, it's
for testing by people who know what they're doing.