[sword-devel] C# runtime problem

Jon Behrens jbb at crimsonthread.com
Thu Aug 28 13:35:48 MST 2014

Still no go.

I've completely removed everything, gotten a new copy via SVN and followed
the install instructions included in that distribution.

Everything goes as expected until I get here:

         Now let's grab some content:

             cd utilities/
             sudo ./installmgr -sc
             sudo ./installmgr -r CrossWire
             sudo ./installmgr -ri CrossWire KJV

The last command returns:
     Remote source [CrossWire] does not make available module [KJV]

OK - so I follow the instructions later in the install file and download
KJV.zip and
extract it to /usr/share/sword

I then go to the command line example

     Now lets try it out:

         cd ../examples/cmdline
         make
         ./lookup KJV Jn.3.16

The last command returns:
     Could not find module [KJV].  Available modules:

This at least tells me that libsword.so is available and working - it
doesn't throw
an exception, just can't find the module.

As advised below, I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/lib" which is where setup put
libsword.so. Reboot, open a shell and type 'env' to make sure the path
is set. It is.

Finally, I open MonoDevelop and load up the C# project. Make the project
and try
to run the LookupExample

I still get the same exception.

Again, thanks to all who are trying to help.