[sword-devel] Problems with th xz related code

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 10:04:53 MST 2014

On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 11:23 AM, Karl Kleinpaste <karl at kleinpaste.org>
wrote:

>  On 08/24/2014 11:49 AM, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
>
> The sword/examples/classes folder assumes you have some
> version of sword installed.
>
>  Come on, give me a break, of course I have Sword installed.  If
> compilation doesn't provide this right, then examples/classes/Makefile is
> at fault.

The programs in examples/ are designed to be built (through the Makefile)
against the compiled but uninstalled version of the library. So they're
looking for Sword headers without any prefix directory in the include
directives. Once the files are installed they go to
$INSTALL_PREFIX/include/sword/ so building against the installed version of
the files would required the includes be prefixed with sword/ or the
appropriate -I$INSTALL_PREFIX/include/sword/ be added to the compiler
invocation when building manually.

--Greg