[sword-devel] Can't build on OS X (undefined reference to UnicodeString)

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 12:56:51 MST 2014

On my own system I get:

-- CLucene: yes /opt/local/lib/libclucene-core.dylib in /opt/local/include
and /opt/local/include;/opt/local/include

-- PkgConfig: yes

-- ICU: yes /opt/local/lib/libicuuc.dylib and /opt/local/include

I have installed them from MacPorts. I believe, however, that BibleTime
builds without them as Qt is used in place of ICU and CLucene is linked
directly into BibleTime for its custom search functionality. Obviously,
feel free to edit your local .sh script. Those are only given there for
examples of how to build with CMake for people who are not familiar with
the system much as usrinst.sh is more of a guideline. For instance, I doubt
you're looking to build the Python or Perl extensions.

--Greg