[sword-devel] Xiphos ....

Brian J Dumont brian.j.dumont at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 05:19:36 MST 2014

On 08/09/2014 09:29 AM, Barry Drake wrote:
> I see that Debian now has up-to-date Sword and BibleTime packages.
> That's great, but the Xiphos package that was submitted didn't make it
> because of Lintian errors.  I'm not able to look at it until some time
> in October, but it does seem a shame that there is only one frontend
> for Sword that is officially 'out there'.  We're getting very close to
> the Ubuntu release date, and I am hoping that the Sword stuff will get
> into the Ubuntu repos before too long.

It looks from https://packages.qa.debian.org/x/xiphos.html that the
Lintian errors are for version 3.1.5.  The fact that errors would be
found with 3.1.5 would not surprise anyone on this list, I suspect.

  * [2014-06-10] xiphos REMOVED from testing
    <https://packages.qa.debian.org/x/xiphos/news/20140610T163918Z.html>
    (Britney)
  * [2012-04-28] xiphos 3.1.5+dfsg-1 MIGRATED to testing
    <https://packages.qa.debian.org/x/xiphos/news/20120428T163915Z.html>
    (Britney)

We need to have them look at the latest source.  anyone know who to
contact about that?

As a reminder, we have sword+xiphos+bibletime packages for Ubuntu 13.10
and 14.04 available at:

https://sites.google.com/site/xiphosforubuntu/files

BTW, as 13.10 has passed out of support I don't intend to build further
packages for it.  If needed, I will build for 14.04.

Brian

"Let the wife make the husband glad to come home,
  and let him make her sorry to see him leave."
- Martin Luther