[sword-devel] Sword 1.7.3alpha1

Mark Trompell mark at foresightlinux.org
Thu Apr 24 00:23:36 MST 2014

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 5:25 AM, Greg Hellings <greg.hellings at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've created a sword-1.7.3alpha1.tar.gz and uploaded it to the "normal"
> alpha location on the server. Those of you willing and interested, please
> test it. I plan to cut it as the final version of 1.7.3 by the end of this
> weekend if there's not objections to it. Files are stored in sword-1.7.3/
> folder under the tarball and it will play and act just like the final
> version of the library.
>
> Please, give me some karma, good or bad, if you try it. I don't want to
> release 1.7.3 only to find someone was sitting on a build issue.

No build issues here (foresightlinux).
Build tool just reports (as always):
+ SharedLibrary: /usr/lib64/libsword.so.1.7.3
+ CheckSonames: /usr/lib64/libsword.so.1.7.3 has soname
libsword.so.1.7.3; best practice is that the filename that matches the
soname is a symlink: soname -> soname.minorversion
But nothing to change for a branch release. But maybe something to
consider for sword 1.8?
Especially if abi is compatible with the previous release, the soname
doesn't need to change.
Not sure if this is only with cmake, but I always have to do:
chrpath -d build/bindings/swig/perl/blib/arch/auto/Sword/Sword.so
because our buildtool aborts with:
"CheckDestDir: file /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/auto/Sword/Sword.so
has illegal RPATH /tmp/rmake/builds/sword/sword-1.7.3/build"
otherwise
Anyway.
I used cmake to build it.
Xiphos 3.1.6 builds fine on top of that.
Only building on our buildcluster. No real tests.

> --Greg

Mark

--
Mark Trompell

Foresight Linux Xfce Edition
Cause your desktop should be freaking cool
(and Xfce)