[sword-devel] Sword 1.7.3

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 06:51:24 MST 2014

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 8:44 AM, Barry Drake <bdrake at crosswire.org> wrote:

> On 17/04/14 13:20, Greg Hellings wrote:
>
>> A patch like this will need to be accepted into trunk before I can merge
>> it down to branches/sword-1-7-x. In the past Troy has been unwilling to
>> apply some patches just to satisfy Debian's obsessively pedantic behavior
>> while compiling. He'll have to make a determination on this patch. If you
>> open a JIRA and attach this patch to it, that will ensure we don't lose
>> visibility to it.
>>

> To be honest, I tend to agree with Troy about Debian's behaviour. If I
> need to update for a later release it doesn't take a huge amount of work to
> re-make the patch assuming that some of the patched files have changed.
>  Unless you really think I ought, I'm not going to bother to submit the
> patch.
>
> Actually, I posted thinking that David was referring to my post and not
> the other one.  The patch was attached for information.  Since making the
> Sword 1.7.3 packages, I've installed from these packages into a clean
> Debian build environment and successfully built the current 1.10.0
> BibleTime within that environment using that installation, so I can say
> that the library and devel packages are OK.

The earlier sword-1.7.3 packages you built were taken from sword trunk,
which means they reflect both the changes in 1.7.3 and additional changes
that I detailed in my other thread this morning. The eventual release of
1.7.3 will be done off of the svn branch named "sword-1-7-x", which I just
updated last night. Your patch should apply pretty cleanly to that, as it
would - at the worst - just be missing a few blocks of code or files. There
shouldn't be anything extra in sword-1-7-x that you haven't already
packaged, there's just a little bit less because it doesn't have the new
features.

--Greg