[sword-devel] Audio Bibles

John Austin gpl.programs.info at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 03:53:10 MST 2013

One difficult issue is the large size of audio files. This makes it
impractical for most people to download all available audio for a module at
one time. It seems there needs to be some way that users can be notified
when audio is available for a module, but also be able to choose the
chapter(s) they want to download, and get them only when they want them.
Maybe the SWORD module manager allows this already I don't know.

I should mention that xulsword did not use the SWORD API for its module
manager because it would have been difficult to wrap the C++ functionality
into Javascript, and doing so would not have made XUL's RDF database coding
any easier, plus using Firefox's build-in parallel download capabilities
makes it possible to work with xulsword (including most of the module
manager itself) and download various modules all at the same time.
-John