[sword-devel] Audio Bibles

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 17:23:35 MST 2013

Hi, I e-mailed the Bible Time list about this, but I thought I would
e-mail this list as well.
Is there support for Audio Bibles built into SWORD?  Are there any audio
Bibles hosted already?  If there aren't any would it be ok to package
some to include in the repos, assuming Audio integration could be
included in most SWORD programs.
I am specifically working on an Ubuntu Touch Bible app, and would like
to have an offline Audio Bible, as "Faith comes by hearing". It would be
great to include this functionality.  Of course if crosswire wont host
this, I suppose I might get a repo going somewhere.

The audio Bibles I have in mind are of course public domain, namely
librivox.org.  Of course they contain an intro about librivox and are
not in verse by verse sections.  There is also a public domain KJV bible
read by firemen (though I can't remember where I found that one...
something like firefighters.org... not sure though)

Anyhow thanks for any pointers you can give (especially specific header
files if they exist)

May the LORD Jesus Christ continue to bless all of you for your precious
work!

--
Regards