[sword-devel] Synodal versification & IBT modules?

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Sat May 11 18:24:31 MST 2013

On 5/11/2013 2:28 PM, David Haslam wrote:
> Did IBT's programmer actually know that you'd provided it during the period
> in question?

Yes, and declined to use it, IIRC. We'd used their own canon.h file and
they transitioned to our Synodal v11n instead.

> It might just have been not used due to his excessive workload, or other
> factors affecting his situation.
>
> If we have Luther and German as two similar cases, why balk at SynodalP?
>
> IMHO, the argument against it is flimsy.

Luther and German aren't parallel cases. The German v11n is that
employed by a large number of German (and other northern European
Lutheran) translations. Luther is a historical v11n for Luther's own
translations.

Our Synodal v11n is based on the v11n used in most Russian Bibles and
some Bibles published in & around the former Soviet Union. SynodalP was
an amalgam v11n, created for people who want KJV book ordering and
Synodal Bible verse numbering and also dislike the deuterocanonicals for
doctrinal reasons. Thankfully, its disuse meant we could right a wrong
and remove it from Sword forever.

--Chris