[sword-devel] HTML5 File API and SWORD modules

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Thu May 9 05:17:07 MST 2013

On 05/09/2013 03:38 AM, Pola Edward wrote:
> Hi every one,
> this is very interesting topic :)
>
> Actually I like the idea of Greg, you can make a server side page that
> can convert current modules to a suitable format for JS Clients

+1 to that.  Cloud computing has become more popular (Joli Os,
Peppermint OS, Chrome book OS, Firefox OS, etc..)

> But I wonder if the current sword modules format is suitable to the
> expansion of nowadays OSs ?

I might help to implement a way to access compressed files, like
LiveCD's do with the squashfs, as a way to bundle things for quicker
downloading and make things smaller for the lower end markets, and
easier for people in restricted countries to have more tools in limited
space, and of course countries where internet is hard to get to, or
expensive :)

> I mean there are many OSs in the market, so we need to think in a more
> open and modern format that can suite natively in the X OS that will
> be developed after some years and fit the current OSs and under
> development OSs
Future OS will build off of current things, it is unlikely that they
will become so radically different that a complete rewrite will be
necessary for a long while.
Of course this is all just my opinion anyhow.
> Please Consider countries where internet is limited or expensive, so
> modules should be downloaded and accessed offline
> Together we are better
>
> Pola Edward

Regards