[sword-devel] HTML5 File API and SWORD modules

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Wed May 8 07:44:37 MST 2013

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 9:37 AM, Stephan <info at tetzels.de> wrote:

> Troy,
>

>  Now, having said this, I use javascript+html/css all the time and would
>> like a more native approach to building SWORD applications in this
>> environment, hence a javascript interface via Cordova.
>>

> That means you want to write native plugins (sword api wrappers) for every
> supported plattform? Android will rely on JSword and the others on C++ lib,
> right?

No, Android applications can be written in C/C++. There is a limited set of
JNI bindings in place (the core of the Bishop library Troy mentioned
earlier) to facilitate creation of Android apps that rely directly on Sword
instead of on JSword.

> What about Windows Phone? Do we have  C# bindings?

Windows Phone 8 apparently uses Silverlight, not C#. I know for a fact we
don't have Silverlight bindings. Several people have undertaken to create
C# wrappers in the past, but I don't believe any of those attempts were
long-lived.

--Greg