[sword-devel] installmgr (and xiphos) crashes (svn 2831)

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Thu Jun 27 01:02:26 MST 2013

On 6/26/2013 5:43 PM, Nic Carter wrote:

> Ok, noted. Thanks Jaak.
>
> FYI, I don't have SVN access either. I'd appreciate it if you did
> fork on git and made the changes there to be downloading the ZIP
> files directly. I know it's on Troy's todo list, but we all have
> issues with lack of time around here[1]. I'd take your changes and
> use them in PS! I have done that with several of your patches that
> haven't been applied to the master SVN repo.................. Then
> again, if I did have SVN access, I'd apply my own patches as well!
> ;)

SVN write permission is generally given to individuals who show an
interest in engine development and have proven their ability to code by
submitting patches. I'm sure you can code, but are you actually
interested in development of the engine beyond a single set of
iOS-specific patches?

> [insert comment about how we have #defines for windows specific stuff
> (who actually uses windows anymore, anyway?!? well, besides DH) and
> yet my patches that have #defines for iOS have never been applied.
> But given I roll my own libsword that gets bundled in PS, it's not a
> major issue for anyone but me & I can live with it. Good merge tools
> are good! :) ]

80-85% of users use Windows.

I would be happy to apply iOS patches for you (obviously, provided they
don't cause other problems, etc.). I haven't seen iOS patches from you,
but perhaps that's because you sent/posted them somewhere I didn't notice.

Send me a patch (or file a bug report with a patch and let me know about
it), and I'll address it soon.

--Chris