[sword-devel] crosswire.org HTTPS certificate problems

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Tue Jun 25 04:47:55 MST 2013

On 6/25/2013 4:38 AM, Greg Hellings wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 5:04 AM, DM Smith <dmsmith at crosswire.org
> <mailto:dmsmith at crosswire.org>> wrote:
>
>     Aside from the certificate issue, you can use http instead of https
>     for SVN. To change your working copy from the one URL to the other,
>     you can use the command: svn relocate.
>

> A very bad suggestion for most of us as SVN will transmit our username
> and password in the clear in that case.

Indeed, a very bad suggestion for a few of us.
But *most* of us can't commit to SVN and so don't need to worry about
usernames or passwords. For them, switching to http should be quite
adequate.

In David's case, I assume he was loading the SVN repository in a
browser, and he can safely switch to e.g.
http://crosswire.org/svn/sword-tools/trunk/modules/crossreferences/

--Chris