[sword-devel] ICU error - latest svn, autotools build

Ben cricketc at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 14:11:33 MST 2013

I'm running a test build of the latest svn in my home directory, using
./configure, make, and make install. I can build and install, but then
when I try to test with diatheke, I get the following error:
$ ./install/bin/diatheke -b ESV -k jn3.16
UTF8Transliterator: ICU: no resource index to load
UTF8Transliterator: ICU: status U_MISSING_RESOURCE_ERROR
UTF8Transliterator: ICU: no resource index to load
UTF8Transliterator: ICU: status U_MISSING_RESOURCE_ERROR
John 3:16:
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever
believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
(ESV)

Also, if I try running the tests, the osis test fails:
$ ./runtest.sh osis
UTF8Transliterator: ICU: no resource index to load
UTF8Transliterator: ICU: status U_MISSING_RESOURCE_ERROR

Note: when I run the system diatheke from sword 1.6.2, I don't get an error.

Thanks,
-Ben