[sword-devel] SWORD 1.7.0 final stretch

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Wed Jun 19 07:05:54 MST 2013

On 6/19/2013 1:45 AM, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
> Anything else? Let's push this to completion. I need your help.

I wouldn't mind getting something in place to render the attribute
included by the OSISEnum filter through the OSISXHTML filter. But I can
foresee some pushback since that attribute is the n attribute.

n is used in some of the Samaritan Pentateuch modules to indicate
something like the position of a word in the MT, similar to its use in
the KJV to indicate the position of the underlying Greek word. Rendering
the n attribute will be good for SP module users, but annoying for KJV
module users who fail to update to a new version of the KJV with an
OSISEnum GlobalOptionFilter added to the .conf.

An alternative would be to update the KJV .conf and omit any kind of
change to the OSISXHTML filter for now in order to give users a while to
update their KJVs. Then we could implement rendering of the n attribute
next week or so, after the 1.7.0 release, for inclusion in the /next/
Sword release.

--Chris