[sword-devel] cmake python bindings user location

Ben cricketc at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 04:14:03 MST 2013

On 06/16/2013 11:55 PM, Greg Hellings wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 9:22 PM, <cricketc at gmail.com
> <mailto:cricketc at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hey Greg,
>
>     I'm building the python bindings with cmake 2.6.4. I'm trying to
>     specify a user location, but it doesn't work with current svn -
>     SWORD_PYTHON_INSTALL_DIR is always just "OFF", even if I pass a
>     value through the cmake command. If I pass "1" as the value, then
>     SWORD_PYTHON_INSTALL_DIR gets set, but it's obviously not what I'm
>     looking for.
>
>     If I comment out the OPTION setting in cmake/options.cmake, it seems
>     to work properly for me.
>

> What exact command line are you invoking CMake with? And are you doing
> it from a clean configuration directory (e.g. new dir or "rm -rf * .*"
> beforehand)? CMake is very unfriendly towards attempts to reconfigure a
> directory.

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX="~/sword-cmake-build/install"
-DLIBSWORD_LIBRARY_TYPE="Shared" -DSWORD_BUILD_TESTS=Yes
-DSWORD_BINDINGS=Python
-DSWORD_PYTHON_INSTALL_DIR=~/sword-cmake-build/install
-DSWORD_BUILD_EXAMPLES=Yes /path/to/svn/sword

Yes, it's a clean directory.

I output the value of SWORD_PYTHON_INSTALL_DIR, and it says the value is
"OFF". Again, if I remove the OPTION command in options.cmake, then it
takes the value that I pass in from the command line.

-Ben