[sword-devel] Sword Node.js wrapper

Stephan info at tetzels.de
Sun Jun 16 05:25:17 MST 2013

Hi Chris,

thank you for your answer.

> In terms of Copyright/license, you fall under the "redistribution"
> category as far as I can tell. As a result, you will need to seek
> permission for all modules in the repository (apart from those that are
> public domain). Or at least, that's my understanding. Publishing content
> on the web is a form of redistribution. Normal Sword frontends benefit
> from the rights and permissions CrossWire has sought from the various
> Copyright holders.

The future web app will be an offline one. I only need the node.js
wrapper to do the serialization. After you "install" a module in the web
app it wil work without an internet connection. So is this also the
"redistribution" category?

> In terms of accessing the raw OSIS XML, you can certainly do that with
> JSword, so I'd expect you could do something similar in Sword.

Can you give me some hints? If I use the OSIS Filter (FMT_OSIS) I don't
get the raw OSIS content. I get OSIS XML, but without the text/body of a
footnote e.g.

> BTW, just so that you are aware, STEP is a webapp and already exposes a
> JSON/Rest API and hopes to extend it further to support more use cases.
> It wraps around JSword, rather than Sword.

My plan is to build a REST API, too, but only to do the InstallMgr stuff
and get the (raw) content of the module once to use it in a
HTML/Javascript app.

Stephan