[sword-devel] I implore you...

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 14 23:53:05 MST 2013

Not only should we be looking for a real example of a mid-verse title within
a prose passage,
we should also be looking for a mid-verse section title /per se/.

If we fail to consider such possibilities, we are merely kidding ourselves.

The example in *Song 4:16* worked in swordweb (etc) because it was within a
poetry passage.
The poetry markup supplied the line breaks.

Moreover, the speaker identity "She" was the section title in that passage.
Tracing back to USFM, speaker identity would use the tag *\sp* rather than
*\s*

This implies that the OSIS source for the ESV module may have depended on a
workaround.
Should an *\sp* tag in USFM really be transformed into a SECTION title in
the first place?

IMHO, "the hunt continues".  Comments please.

David