[sword-devel] What is a mid-verse title?

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 12 10:44:12 MST 2013

I believe the same top level design problem also affects the Perl script
*usfm2osis.pl*

That would explain why so many existing modules exhibit similar problems
with *section titles*.

e.g. In Xiphos, view the *Shona Bible* module and select I Cor 10:13

Hakunomuidzo wakakubatai imi, asi wavanhu vose; asi Mwari, wakatendeka,
haangatenderi kuti muidzwe kupfuvura pamunogona napo; asi pamwe chete
nomuidzo, iye uchakupai vo nzira yokubuda nayo, muve nesimba rokutsunga.
*Nzvengai zvifananidzo*

 (I Corinthians 10:13 [Shona])

The heading *Nzvengai zvifananidzo* which should be at the start of the
section beginning at verse 14 is actually treated as part of verse 13. (e.g.
when you Copy/Export passage)

Had it not been for an /ad hoc/ workaround implemented during module
preprocessing, it would probably have been displayed as in-line text without
a line break.

What Karl wrote also explains this symptom too.

David