[sword-devel] I implore you...

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 9 23:05:48 MST 2013

In the USFM files from the Translation Trust that we used for making the
Turkish Bible module, there were 3 mid-verse section headings in Acts.

I recently resent these files to Chris Little, so that he could provide a
fix for an unrelated  issue
<http://www.crosswire.org/tracker/browse/MODTOOLS-42>   in usfm2osis.py

The locations were in or near:

Acts 10:24
Acts 12:20
Acts 14:21

I have not yet looked at how usfm2osis.py now processes these.

For the released module, because mid-verse titles were so few and because
SWORD couldn't deal with them back then, we went back to the Gen Sec of the
Trust, and he granted us leeway as follows:

My suggestion is that the heading be placed at the beginning of verse 24 of
Acts 14. It goes better there anyway since the Antakya to which the return
is all about is the one in verse 26. Putting it in the middle of 21-22
creates the confusion with the other Antakya in verse 22.

In Acts 10 the title can go at the beginning of verse 24.

In Acts 12 the title can go at the beginning of verse 20.

Hope this helps.
Rod

-----

David Haslam

PS.  It should be pointed out that module TurNTB still has an outstanding
issue with regard to section titles placement. See
http://www.crosswire.org/tracker/browse/MOD-189