[sword-devel] usfm2osis.py in bibledit-web

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Sat Jun 8 08:43:24 MST 2013

On 6/8/2013 7:52 AM, David Haslam wrote:
> Teus,
>
> Despite recent edits to the developers' wiki, usfm2osis.py is not yet a
> production release.
>
> There are even some unfixed issues with it. See
> http://www.crosswire.org/tracker/browse/MODTOOLS
> as well as within the file itself.

With MODTOOLS-42 now closed, there aren't really any 'unfixed issues' in
usfm2osis.py. There are some feature requests in the bug tracker and a
minor bug that may not be reproducible.

> Maintaining a Bibledit export choice between our Perl or Python script is
> probably a sensible idea for the time being.

At this point, usfm2osis.py is significantly more capable and likely to
produce valid output than usfm2osis.pl. The Perl script is fairly
unmaintainable and I don't expect anyone will put for the effort to
maintain it at all.

> The issue you just observed should be added to our tracker,
> so that Chris Little can respond, and others can help by testing the ensuing
> solution.

And remember that a bug report would need to describe a reproducible
bug. I can't do anything with what appeared in the initial description.

--Chris