[sword-devel] Bible book introductions

Chris Burrell chris at burrell.me.uk
Mon Jun 3 07:41:38 MST 2013

In terms of missing out a line in the conf file, then presumably one would
simply fix it. In fact, that's where this thread originated from, as
suddenly unexpected introductions started appearing and appeared as other
canonical content. I had the same issue previously with colophons, which
were appearing at the end of books, in the same font/display as the rest of
the book. Both of these were undesirable.

But that's fine. I was just trying to make everybody's frontend better by
storing some more reference data similar to the ones that exist already,
the ones DM mentioned before, and the ones I have mentioned. These settings
are not environment specific, nor user specific, and are safe to distribute
over the wire (i.e. not a personal Cipher key).

STEP can store its own list of settings per module like Troy suggests and
we can implement something along the lines of the sidecar DM suggested in
JSword. I just thought that others would want that data, rather than it
being stored in the STEP source code in thereby duplicating anyone coming
after me.

I guess I fail to understand the purpose of the .conf module since it
defines things like headers, red letters, cross references, etc. which are
all computable.
Chris