[sword-devel] Scripture Tools for Every Person

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Wed Jul 24 19:49:50 MST 2013

On 07/24/2013 01:11 PM, Chris Burrell wrote:
> Dear All
>
> I'm delighted to announce that the Beta version of STEP (Scripture Tools
> for Every Person) has now been launched. You can try it out for yourself at
>
> http://www.stepbible.org
>
> For more information about the project, please see our press release:
> http://tyndalehouse.createsend5.com/t/ViewEmail/r/2327671F6C55581B2540EF23F30FEDED/B21695CAFB8260E3C45D7BC1A387288D
>
> For the techies, STEP is built upon JSword and uses Sword modules to
> serve Bible & Commentary content, so we are very grateful for all the
> work this community has put in, which has made this project possible.
>
> Chris

I don't know if anyone would necessarily confuse STEP with the original
STEP, but I certainly don't think anyone would mistake STEP for a
(J)Sword front end.

It's fairly difficult to locate any mention of CrossWire, JSword, Sword,
or any of the dozens of people who have done a lot more to make STEP
possible than literally ANYONE listed on this page:
https://stepweb.atlassian.net/wiki/display/SUG/Development+Team

I don't see any mention of CrossWire, JSword, or Sword in your press
release or anywhere on stepbible.org. You're standing on the shoulders
of giants, but you are frauds pretending that you've built a skyscraper
entirely by yourselves.

(As an aside, Paul Esposito is not the editor/translator of the
Apostolic Bible Polyglot, as
https://stepweb.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=12484619
states. Also, the "If you see an error in the following please contact
us." link on the same page doesn't go anywhere.)

--Chris