[sword-devel] Windows Utilities

Jonathan Morgan jonmmorgan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 19:29:51 MST 2013

Hi David,

You're right.  I was being a devil's advocate and pitched it too strong
(probably predictably).
I don't think you were trying to blame anyone (though in some interactions
I have had with other open source groups blame definitely happens - and
it's not about technical faults, either).

However, the more serious point I was making (which I think was hinted at
in some of the other responses to this thread) is that the more people you
have "responsible" for something, the easier it falls through the cracks,
as everyone can justly say "I'm not the expert on this" or "I don't know
anything about this" or "I was just waiting for <X> to respond to it".
I don't follow CrossWire JIRA at all, since I would not consider myself
qualified or experienced to deal with any of the issues raised, but if I
did I wouldn't want to respond to issues with tools or parts of the system
that I just have no experience in.
This doesn't make giving no response right, but it does make it more likely
to happen.

Jon