[sword-devel] Parallel Display of Differing V11n Systems (was: Versifications and verse order)

Chris Burrell chris at burrell.me.uk
Thu Jul 11 11:46:43 MST 2013

In the Psalm KJV contracting example, I'm not sure how you "choose your
expansion". How do you know that verse 0 maps to verse 1 in the first
instance, and 2 in the next? What if in the target versification, verse 0
is made of 1&2&3. What about the following examples:

*Example 1: Inverted verses
*
Versification X
Psalm.51.1=Psalm.51.0 at a
Psalm.51.2=Psalm.51.0 at b
Psalm.51.3-21=Psalm.51.1-19

Versification Y
Psalm.51.1=Psalm.51.0 at b
Psalm.51.2=Psalm.51.0 at a
Psalm.51.3-21=Psalm.51.1-19

*Example 2: different number of parts, back-loaded*
Versification X
Psalm.51.1=Psalm.51.0 at a
Psalm.51.2=Psalm.51.0 at b,Psalm.51.0 at c
Psalm.51.3-21=Psalm.51.1-19

Versification Y
Psalm.51.1=Psalm.51.0 at a
Psalm.51.2=Psalm.51.0 at b
Psalm.51.3=Psalm.51.0 at c
Psalm.51.3-21=Psalm.51.1-19

*Example 2: different number of parts, front-loaded*
Versification X
Psalm.51.1=Psalm.51.0 at a,Psalm.51.0 at b
Psalm.51.2=Psalm.51.0 at c
Psalm.51.3-21=Psalm.51.1-19

Versification Y
Psalm.51.1=Psalm.51.0 at a
Psalm.51.2=Psalm.51.0 at b
Psalm.51.3=Psalm.51.0 at c
Psalm.51.4-21=Psalm.51.2-19

And then you can have permutations of the above...
There are probably more examples as well... In the above, we're only
considering x verses on left = 1 verse+parts on right. You can have x
verses on left + (x verses+parts) on right

not sure if this makes much sense.. Difficult to follow and type clearly!!!
Chris