[sword-devel] SWORD 1.7.0 final stretch

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 07:03:40 MST 2013

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 6:33 AM, Dmitrijs Ledkovs
<dmitrij.ledkov at ubuntu.com>wrote:

> On 9 July 2013 03:55, Jonathan Morgan <jonmmorgan at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Greg,
> >
> > Python bindings were packaged by Ubuntu, and I believe 1.6.2 (current
> > latest) is still available for Ubuntu.
> >

> And subsequently dropped, due to failure to compile with gcc-4.7:
>
> sword (1.6.2+dfsg-4) unstable; urgency=low
>
>   [ Matthias Klose ]
>   * Fix build failure in installed header file with GCC 4.7.
>     Addresses: #667387.
>
>   [ Dmitrijs Ledkovs ]
>   * Remove python-sword swig bindings. Loads of build-time warnings (4.6)
>     and errors (4.7) and the resulting module was reported not to
>     work. Should be readded if/when it can be build with gcc 4.7 without
>     errors. (Closes: #667387)
>
>  -- Dmitrijs Ledkovs <xnox at debian.org>  Tue, 17 Apr 2012 21:39:11 +0100

I'd appreciate if you can give them another go. I spent quite some time in
the latter part of last year cleaning them up. On Fedora with gcc 4.7 now I
only get a single warning about unused code when I build them. If you're
still seeing errors and warnings, then I'd like to know what your settings
are and what your errors are.

I'm keen to have the Swig bindings in a place where they can be included in
distros, so if you're still seeing problems, I'd like to work with you and
any other packagers to get them resolved.

--Greg