[sword-devel] Versifications and verse order

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Thu Jul 4 09:49:33 MST 2013

As noted by Troy, this is not an issue once the mapping facility is baked into SWORD. It will cope with books having different ordering of keys.

When showing parallel content, one translation is picked as the master. Those verses are shown in order. Corresponding verses from the other translations are shown in parallel. It might be a good idea to show the reference for each as they might be different.

I think the confusion is that a given module cannot have verses out of order with respect to its v11n. As Greg pointed out, the module builders (e.g. osis2mod) store the verses according to their reference, not their order. So if you had a module input with:
b.c.2, b.c.5, b.c.1, b.c.3, b.c.4
it would be stored as:
b.c.1, b.c.2, b.c.3, b.c.4, b.c.5
(The tricky part is that the interverse content might not wind up where expected.)

Same is true with the order of books and the order of chapters. As far as the module builders go, it is fine for the books to be in any order, even alphabetical.

In Him,
	DM