[sword-devel] OSIS questions

ARA Jamieson araj at critos.co.uk
Sun Jan 27 02:13:53 MST 2013

Thank you very much - will do.

Jamie

  _____

From: Kahunapule Michael Johnson [mailto:kahunapule at mpj.cx]
Sent: 26 January 2013 19:55
To: sword-devel at crosswire.org
Subject: Re: [sword-devel] OSIS questions

On 01/26/2013 06:05 AM, DM Smith wrote:

On Jan 26, 2013, at 10:13 AM,  <mailto:araj at critos.co.uk>
<araj at critos.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm trying to convert a number of USFM documents to OSIS using my own
> software, and then to Sword using osis2mod.  However, I'm relatively new
> OSIS, and am struggling somewhat.  Don't know if anyone can comment on any
> of the following issues?

Peter and Chris maintain a converter for USFM to OSIS, written in Perl. You
might find that helpful. Off hand I don't know where that is. You can get
more information by searching this list or from them.

Also, Kahunapule Michael Johnson on this list has converters that he uses.
He has many, many texts in USFM.

Please see http://haiola.org if you are interested in open source C#
software that converts USFM to OSIS. It might give you a head start...

--

Aloha,
Michael Johnson

Phone: +1 808-333-6921