[sword-devel] Location of prebuilt lucene indexes.

Andrew Thule thulester at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 08:39:29 MST 2013

Daniel, the indexes themselves are created using the utility mkfastmod.  If
built, the lucene indexes typically sit off of the modules directory
directly .. ie:

.../modules/texts/ztext/kjv/lucene

Administrators of a repo, you can generate the lucene directories, and have
them automatically associated with the modules you are sharing by
generating the index and placing it directly off the module location in
your repo, ie:

/pub/sword/raw/modules/texts/ztext/kjv/lucene
(you can use rsync -av to copy a lucene directory from one location to
another).

If you look at many of the modules in the "Institute for Scripture
Research" repo, those repo administrators have done this already (look at
modules tbn, tkci, tkli, ttr, uzv for example).  The nice thing about when
repo administrators do this, is when you get a module from that repo, you
also automatically get the lucene index. I do the same for my own repo.

If Crosswire were to generate lucene indexes for all of the modules they
host, all module downloads would automatically come with them (at least
this seems to be my experience using pocketsword - only the modules that
have had these directories created seem to have search index's automatic).

Even so, you can generate these indexes yourself.

~A