[sword-devel] Pre-verse div and headings

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Mon Jan 21 07:23:08 MST 2013

> Von: DM Smith <dmsmith at crosswire.org>

> In the past, I've viewed the "headings" toggle as a toggle for
> non-canonical material. But the discussion on the other thread has me wondering
> whether intros (non-canonical) information is handled by it.

That is exactly what I said - the headline toggle switches on everything, intros and the like.

Now Troy says this is not how it should be and how the engine is handling it, but fact is that it does so. On all modules I have tried out where I know there is intro material.

Now, my question - is there something very simple we module makers do wrong? Or is there some major and overarching misunderstanding between engine design, osis2mod and module makers?

FWIW, usfm2osis.pl (and presumably usfm2osis.py) do not produce a verse or chapter 0 div but produce div type intro or something similar.

Peter