[sword-devel] CrossWire mirroring

Nic Carter niccarter at mac.com
Fri Jan 11 16:57:10 MST 2013

Hi Andrew,

You completely miss the point!

CrossWire has the right to distribute certain modules. In order to satisfy our legal agreement with the copyright holders we can can only distribute from "CrossWire". We do not own the copyright, we have to abide by the same rules as anyone else. We are simply in the awesome position of having been granted permission.

Also, when I say "we", I am meaning CrossWire. However, even though I am a volunteer as part of CrossWire, that does not give me the right to distribute anything. Distribution has to be simply by CrossWire and the most proper way to satisfy those legal agreements is to distribute from an official CrossWire domain so as to strive the hardest to remain above board. :)

I am now lead to believe that what certain other people have said here is correct and that you do not understand any of this legal mumbo jumbo at all, and hence I think you should cease trying to educate others and instead simply cede to Troy and if you wish to help with this project, follow his lead, asking him what he wants of you.

Thank you.

Nic...  :)