[sword-devel] ISV status?

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Thu Jan 3 17:36:32 MST 2013

On Thu, 2013-01-03 at 18:51 -0500, Andrew Thule wrote:

> Have you read [James 2:13]?  It's not clear why the hostility, but I'm
> trying to contribute here (albeit with lots of resistance).

Resistance comes about when someone with a severe case of stubbornness
ignores being told that a particular "contribution" is not desired, not
asked for nor even legal. Cases in point - your mirrors, Qumran
translations and now this here. Kindness did not work. Explanation did
not work. Bluntness did not work. You still distribute the Qumran
translations and at this point your further presence here is
undesired.

> If there's some secret handshake, application form, or process other
> than signing up on this list that helps transition folks from being
> outsiders to being insiders, please point it out.  Otherwise, close
> off the list to invite only, and advertise it as a secret cabal.

The process is to subscribe to mailing list, maybe ask what needs to get
done, certainly get the agreement of others before one does things which
might have an impact on the project, listen to when objections are
raised and learn when mistakes are pointed out.

You did the first thing. None of the rest.

> Otherwise, your interpersonal efforts are better spent making people
> welcomed, rather than wrath and judgement.

There is no wrath or judgement, but simple, yet utter exasperation that
someone seemingly intelligent enough to use a computer is unable to
learn that

a) copyright is important to us
b) advertising breaches of copyright on this mailing list is verboten
c) maintaining good relationships with publishers is a priority to us.

> If I've done something wrong, please identify my short-comings so I
> may repent and learn.

Again? Please read this email from start.

Peter